Wednesday, December 10, 2008

If the Shoe Fits: Fashion Disasters

Last month I made a resolution that I will not buy any new shoes till 2009. It was my attempt to curve my semi addiction for foot fashion. sabi ni neighbor, pwede na akong maging stockholder ng vincci sa dami ng sapatos ko. So I told myself, no more new shoes. I will make do with my current stock.

Unfortunately, I was forced by fate to break my resolution. Last monday while out with the guys on an extended lunch break (hmm.. gym?haha), I broke the strap to my ever reliable grendha slippers and was forced to make that stopover at my favorite shoe store and buy myself a new pair. Funny, I actually felt so guilty about buying and breaking my resolution that I could only choose one pair (unlike before na I can buy 3 or 4 pairs at a time). Pero sabi nga ni Angeli, its a sign.. I really have to buy shoes. That fashion disaster was actually fashion disaster number 3 in just 2 days.

The first one came on Sunday as I was walking to Bukit Jalil LRT. I tripped and the strap gave out so I had to walk all the way back home and change. Nalate tuloy ako sa aking breakfast dahil ang tagal ng LRT. A few hours later the replacement shoe (my favorite charles and keith flats) started smiling after tripping (again). Anak ng.. define clumsy! ah.. its the sour thing that you put in the pancit canton? hehe. The replacement shoe made it home thank goodness. Thus last monday's fashion disaster 3 was the icing on the cake already.Or so I thought.

Last night on my way home, I realized fashion disaster 4 was about to happen. May isang sapatos na nakangiti na naman. Buti na lang pauwi na ako. At the rate I am going, I'll be shoe-less by next week!

Its time.

It's time to go shoe shopping.

1 comment:

Moloy said...

If you are really looking for some high quality shoes, just take a look to this online store: Walktallshoes.com. It not only offers the finest leather & stitch but also can give you an addition of a few extra inches in height.